Upcoming Planned Work
Upcoming Planned Work
Vanessa continues to impress
A big congratulations to Vanessa for being the latest Servitel team member to complete their VMWare VSP Foundation certification.
Now she has the big choice of which VMWare specialisation she would like to take on next.
Well done Vanessa.
10 Reasons to move to Cloud
Mitel explores the top 10 reasons companies are moving to the Cloud
"There’s lots of buzz around the cloud these days and cloud communications is no exception. But buzz isn’t always an indicator of a business case for technology purchases. Smart businesses are asking what’s driving the rush to the cloud—and they’re getting solid answers. So why are so many businesses moving communications to the cloud today? Here are 10 real-world reasons."
** iiNET PLANNED OUTAGE – MAJOR **
** iiNet Planned Service Interruptions - MAJOR **
Start Time: 31/10/17 2300 AEST
End Time: 01/11/17 0700 AEST
Expected Down Time: 1 - 4 hours
Affected Area: Northbourne Ave and surrounding area, ACT.
Reason for work:
Transport Canberra are rolling out the Light Rail Network which will deliver a modern transport system. Construction of the Light Rail Network is now underway, with work progressing on the 12 kilometre City to Gungahlin corridor.
The ACT Government has also endorsed a City to Woden corridor as the preferred next stage in the development of the network. As part of this ACT Government initiative, the new route will be travelling down Northbourne Avenue and as a result, a number of TransACT fibre cables which services run across will need to be relocated to facilitate the construction
** Planned Upgrade **
** Planned Upgrade **
A scheduled Fortinet firewall upgrade will commence on Sunday 22nd October at 2300 AEDT.
Vendor: Servitel Australia
Window Start Time: 22/10/17 2300 AEDT
Window Finish Time: 23/10/17 0500 AEDT
Outage: Up to 2 hours
Effected: All Australian hosted customers - MiVoice and ServiAir
Reason: Fortinet firewall upgrade, stage 2
Carriers Holiday period
Don't delay in getting your connection orders in.
Christmas is just 10 weeks away and carriers are starting to announce their Restriction or Brownout periods during the festive season.
What this means is there will be no new carrier links processed during this period. Support will still remain but if you are after a new link, now is the time to get it done.
New Zealand Carriers
Chorus - Start: 0700 Thursday 21st December 2017 until 2300 Wednesday 10th January 2018.
Spark - Start: 0700 Monday 18th December 2017 until 2359 Sunday 14th January 2018
- Mitel Hosted Cloud Solutions Trusted by More Than One Million Global Subscribers October 16, 2017Mitel Hosted Cloud Solutions Trusted by More Than One Million Global Subscribers
- SPIE ICS Chooses Mitel to Expand Cloud Communications Solutions Across France October 11, 2017SPIE ICS Chooses Mitel to Expand Cloud Communications Solutions Across France
- Industry Leading Technology Partners Join the Fortinet Security Fabric Ecosystem November 20, 2017New Fabric-Ready Program Partners Further Extend the Fortinet Security Fabric into the Cloud, Virtual Environments and Endpoint Devices
- Fortinet Predicts Highly Destructive and Self-learning ?Swarm? Cyberattacks in 2018 November 14, 2017
- Configure vVOLs using EMC UnityVSA November 23, 2017In my previous post, we spoke about what is VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (vVOLs) and what are the prerequisites, benefits, and components to use vVOLs. In this post, we will take a step further and try to configure vVOLs in the lab environment. I was looking for options on how to test vVOLs since many […]
- Back to Basics- Part 16 Understanding VMware vSphere ESXi Shell and SSH Timeouts November 23, 2017In our last blog posts related to Back to Basics Series we discussed about Virtual Machine Files (Part1), Standard Switches (Part2), vCenter Server (Part 3),Templates (Part4) vApp (Part 5), Migration (Part 6),Cloning (Part 7), Host Profiles (Part 8), Virtual Volumes AKA VVOL's (Part 9) Fault Tolerance (Part10) ,Distributed Switches (Part 11) and Distributed Resource Scheduler Part 12, vCenter Server High Availability (Part 13) ,Back to Basics (Part -14) Creating Reports in VROPS and Back to Basics- Part 15 Understanding VMware App Volumeswe also discussed about the various […]
- The Rise of IoT-based Hivenets November 20, 2017
- Getting Ready for the Holidays: Your Cyber Guide to Safe Holiday Shopping November 20, 2017